Macquarie University, one of Australia’s top 10 universities, announced scholarships worth AUD $15 million to provide financial support to outstanding students from India across all Macquarie courses which will earn them internationally recognised degrees.
Following a sharp increase in applications from Indian students in 2018-19, the university and has increased their scholarships from $1.5 million to $15 million.
About the Macquarie University scholarship for Indian students
- The university offers upto $40,000 scholarship for Indian students enrolling in undergraduate programme and upto $25,000 scholarship for postgraduate programmes
- The scholarships will be disbursed all coursework programmes commencing in 2020
- This would mean a student enrolling in as $10,000 annual scholarship towards tuition fees covering a 4-year undergraduate degree would receive $40,000 over 4 years or approximately 25-30% off their total tuition fees
- This scholarship is for on-campus study only
- This scholarship does not apply to the Macquarie University Master of Management course
- Students receiving a fully sponsored Government scholarship or any other scholarship towards the Macquarie University Bachelor or Postgraduate coursework degree will not be eligible for this scholarship
Most popular study areas in Macquarie University
Some of the most popular study areas at Macquarie include Management, Applied Finance, Accounting, Arts, Cyber Security, Criminology, Data Science, Engineering, Information Technology, International Business, Teaching, Management, Psychology, Public Health and Science Innovation.
Eligibility criteria for Macquarie University scholarship
Applicants for all 2020 India scholarships will need to be a citizen of India, and be required to meet the English and academic requirements for the course they have selected.
Applicants need to be accepted into a Macquarie University Bachelor or Postgraduate Coursework Degree commencing in 2019 or 2020.
How to apply for Macquarie University scholarship
You do not need to apply for this scholarship.
You will be assessed for the scholarship when you apply for an eligible programme to study with us.
Applicants who meet the criteria will be automatically advised of their eligibility in their Macquarie University course offer letter.
Macquarie University scholarship application deadline
For students commencing a degree in February 2020 the application deadline is December 20, 2019.
For students commencing a degree in July 2020 the application deadline is June 19, 2020.
About Macquarie University, Australia
Founded in 1964 to offer students, staff and partners a more flexible alternative to the prevailing university model, Macquarie University is now reaping the rewards of its innovative, interdisciplinary approach.
Macquarie is widely regarded as a progressive institution, both locally and internationally. Ranked among the top 1 per cent of universities in the world, and with 5-star QS rating, the University is considered one of the world’s best, producing highly sought-after graduates.